Oh boy, soy!

Eli remains in the hospital under the capable and close supervision of Dr. Ranne and Dr. Donovan. We really love these doctors! Eli is taking in about an ounce of the soy-based formula every three hours. So far, so good, but the verdict of a homerun is still out. Eli continues to receive adequate nutrition through his TPN in his central line. His formula is increased slowly to watch how his body reacts to the new intrusion.

Grandma Bobbie and Grandpa Marvin came for the weekend. So nice to have them here so that David and I could spend some time with Sophia. Last night at bedtime as David was preparing to return to the hospital for night duty, Sophia began crying “Why does Eli have to be sick, why, why? Does he do it just to take my daddy away from me?” Of course, this just broke our hearts right in two. David laid down with Sophia until she fell asleep with one leg propped up on him so she’d know if he moved. He did sneak out without waking her and this morning her first question for me “where’s daddy?” She really wants her baby boy and her daddy back home and so do I.

Today, we should have another day of relaxing at home while the Groves man the hospital room. Hopefully this will give Sophia her needed dose of daddy.

I had to miss church today. I really, really wanted to go, but I caught the yuck that’s going around my family and felt pretty miserable. I woke up at 11:30 just in time to listen to Deron’s sermon on “Do not worry.” I realized that I have come a really long way in my worry. No longer do the little things make me worry. And the big things really don’t seem that big any more. I know Elijah is in God’s hands and that hundreds...maybe thousands....of His people pray for him. I’ve seen God answer prayers for Elijah.

Please continue to pray this new formula works for Eli and that he reamins pain free.

I wish you each a beautiful Sunday of no worry!

With love,
Melissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elijah Will Be Represented at Boston Marathon 2014

Tell us who you are

Seven...SEVEN!!