Eli eats a fry

Bobbie, Marvin, David and I witnessed Elijah actually hold tight onto a french fry and then lick it repeatedly. He seemed to enjoy it and tiny bits would get in his mouth and he would just smack his little lips. It was simply adorable and if I hadn't seen it myself, I wouldn't believe it.

We were at our favorite restaurant. It's actually become a loved tradition for the Groves and Ramirezes to go to this cafe anytime the Groves come for a visit. I swear that they know us in there, but we don't yet say "The usual." Elijah was only happy if he could sit ON the table and explore the wonderful things around him. He would scoot sitting up to go from thing to thing. I had one hand on him and may have given him a few pushes to help him along, but he is really figuring out how to make the best of what he has. He loved looking at the window and seeing the reflection of all the lights and our faces. He really enjoyed pulling on the blinds, which luckily held up through the tugging. He even reached down and picked up the pink sweet and low package. I was SO proud.

Today, Eli saw his geneticist. He will be starting calcium. We will also do a blood test to check his growth hormone levels to determine if therapy is needed there. We will also soon be sending my and David's blood to the lab in Finland...we haven't done that just yet.

He turns TWO on Tuesday and I bet he's going to LOVE the cake I let him play in. I recalled today that the first six weeks felt like six months and now that two years have nearly passed...it just feels like two years...two long years. I cannot really explain it. Time is a peculiar thing.

I love you all and thank you sincerely for your care, concern and prayers for Elijah. You make the world of difference in his extraordinary life.

Melissa

Comments

Emily Kaye said…
I'm glad Eli is learning to enjoy french fries! They are delicious. :-) I'm counting down the days until I see you all again...only 4 days to go!

Love you all-
Emily Kaye
Emily said…
Oh my....I love it. Makes me smile real big and laugh! I can believe all his progress...it's so thrilling to hear that.

And, two...really? Two? My how time flies....and to think all that has been learned and how much we have all grown through this....

Give that sweet boy a hug from me. I miss him, a lot. I miss you guys too, a lot.

Happy Birthday buddy!
Anonymous said…
I came, I saw, I believe ! !
Nothing makes me so happy or laugh so much as watching my GREAT grandson perform. Can hardly wait to get him on the drums while Sophia is singing. What a day that will be. This birthday is going to be a VERY HAPPY DAY.
Moving on ! ! Grandma Bobbie
Lora L Roberts said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ELI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SWEET ELI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!!!

YOU WILL BE EATING QUARTER POUNDERS NEXT....

LOVE LORA AND JEREMY

Popular posts from this blog

Elijah Will Be Represented at Boston Marathon 2014

Seven...SEVEN!!

Tell us who you are