We are watching Hurricane Gustav closely. The Shriner’s Hospital in Shreveport is the emergency evacuation plan for the Shriner’s Burn Hospital in Galveston. If that hospital has to evacuate, the patients and staff go to Shreveport and hand surgeries for this week are cancelled. We really do not want Elijah to have to wait any longer for this important procedure. Scheduling has been very difficult. Please pray we get to keep our date and the children in Galveston's hospital get to stay there where their treatment can continue.
I hope you enjoyed Elijah’s video. Expect many more of those thanks to our new high-tech gismo.
Please keep us in your prayers this week as we travel, endure surgery and recovery and return home.
Specific requests for your prayer time:
- That Elijah will remain healthy through surgery week and not have to fight any bugs.
- Pray that Sophia will be comforted left behind with Auntie Lori, Uncle David and her favorite cousins.
- Pray for traveling safety for the three Ramirezes and my parents Ken and Sue as we make our way to Shreveport and back home.
- Pray that Elijah’s surgery will be incredible and that his recovery will be pain-free and fast.
- Pray that the doctors will find that doing both arms at the same time is best for Eli. As parents, we hope he will be put through as few surgeries as possible, but we definitely want what is medically best.
We love you all and value your prayers and concern. We will update the blog throughout the coming week...hopefully with video...so check back often.
P.S. We have someone spending the week at our house while we are gone.