Sorrow on top of Sorrow

Hello Friends and Family,

It has been a while since I've been able to post. Life just seems to keep me hopping most of the time. This evening, I have a brief window of time at home alone. Happens so rarely that I hardly know what to do with it. I suppose I'm busy waiting for the family to return.

Today has been one of those days in life that I'd rather delete. Eli is fine. Sophia is fine. David is fine.

My dad tells me about the guy who felt sorry for himself because he didn't have any shoes until he met the guy who didn't have any feet. Well, I have to say that I stopped judging my pain against the pain and agony and trials of my fellow man a few months after Eli joined our family and I regained my mental stability. Well, perhaps it was more than a few months...but that's where I am now. I know that some of us have to bear larger loads than our fair share. Some of us are bearing enough for seven or eight lifetimes all hurled on top at once. From there, we just have to learn to put one foot in front of the other foot every day and pray that the load has reached its maximum, but not its tilting point. It isn't easy. In fact, it is really hard.

David and I endured a lot of bad news today as we felt pain along with our dear family members. None of today's news was about Eli.

Today, my dear cousin Stacie received devastating news about her healthy kid Garrett. Gavin continues to fight brain cancer and now the load on her and Jeff and the rest of their family has been quadrupled. There is nothing about this that is fair. No one can understand why. It is really horrible.

I know you will join me in praying for their lives. Pray for Gavin and Garrett and their health. Pray that today's diagnosis was WAY off for Garrett. Pray for Jeff and Stacie as they face even more unbelievable challenges as a couple and parents.

My grandmother will spend tonight in the hospital to have some tests run tomorrow on her heart to rule out any problems. She was experiencing shortness of breath and chest tightness today. David's grandfather will have a pace maker installed tomorrow in OKC. Please pray for both of them. They both mean a great, great deal to David and me.

Elijah saw a new ear, nose and throat doctor yesterday. The tubes in his ears are not functioning. They are on their way to falling out and are far enough in the process that they are not working at all. This means that Elijah is missing all low-frequency tones in his hearing, which will further delay his speech. The new ENT says he needs to see Eli in another 2 months and then decide if he needs new tubes and what to do about his pesky adenoids, which are likely culprits in Eli's non-stop runny nose. To complicate things, Eli's former cleft palate makes adenoid removal risky and far more difficult. Please pray that we can come to a solution for his ear, nose and throat situation. I cannot remember a day that Eli didn't have snot running. He is fed up with having his nose suctioned, wiped or touched and I don't blame him. Then, David tells me he had a friend growing up whose nose was malformed from being wiped too much. WHAT! So, now the snot should just run into his mouth? We need win-wins not lose-lose.

Please remember sweet Gavin and Garrett in your prayers tonight and be thankful for the good things in your life.

Love to all,
Melissa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elijah Will Be Represented at Boston Marathon 2014

Tell us who you are

Seven...SEVEN!!